Highly pure Litharge (Lead Oxide) for fire assay
Qingdao Decent Group is Chinese high-tech manufacture of service and solutions for mineral laboratories, supplying refined highly pure Litharge (Lead Oxide) for fire assay.
Litharge is a special type of lead oxide. Highly pure lead oxide is used in the determination of gold and silver by fire assay. Its color is typicall a reddish-orange and chemical formula is PbO.
Litharge English alias are C.I. 77577; C.I. Pigment Yellow 46; Lead oxide; Lead(II) oxide yellow; Lead(II)oxide 99%; Lead monoxide; Lead oxide yellow; litharge; lead (II) oxide, litharge, lead oxide; yellow lead monoxide; Leadoxideyellowpowder; Leadoxide; Lead(II) oxide (99.9999+% Pb) PURATREM; lead mono oxide; Lead(II) oxide 99+%; red lead oxide; Lead oxide yellow granular; Yellow Lead Oxide Granular; litharge granular; lead oxide regular; litharge regular; litharge irregular.
[ Physical properties ]
Properties: yellow or reddish yellow powder or small flaky crystals, easy to change color when exposed to light.
Melting point (℃): 888~890
Boiling point (℃): 1472 (decomposition)
Relative density (water = 1): 9.53
Solubility: insoluble in water, insoluble in ethanol, soluble in nitric acid, acetic acid, hot lye
Specification: PbO-05 has a purity of over 99.999%, and the total impurity content of silver, aluminum, arsenic, copper, cadmium, cobalt, iron, indium, magnesium, nickel, lead, and tin is less than 10ppm.
[ Structure ]
There are two crystal forms of lead monoxide, α-PbO is red crystal, tetragonal crystal system, density 9.35g/cm3. β-PbO is a yellow crystal, orthorhombic crystal system, with a density of 9.64g/cm3. β-PbO can be boiled in water to get α-PbO, and β-PbO can also get α-PbO by grinding β-PbO at room temperature; α-PbO is converted into β-PbO at 475~583℃.
[ Usage ]
1. Used to make polyvinyl chloride plastic stabilizer. It is the raw material for other lead salts.
2. It is used to manufacture high-refractive-index optical glass, ceramic enamel, and surface abrasive for precision machine tools,
3. Used in electronic tubes, picture tubes, optical glass, X-ray-proof lead glass and radiation-proof rubber products;
4. For chemical analysis, such as determination of gold and silver, precipitation of amino acids.
5. Used for the preparation of soluble lead salts in lead plating and alloys, such as the preparation of lead fluoroborate, etc.;
6. In the paint industry, it is made into lead soap with oil and used in petroleum, rubber, glass, enamel and other industries.
[ Preparation ]
Lead monoxide can be produced by heating lead, lead nitrate, lead sulfate, and lead sulfide in the air. Reaction formula:
2 Pb + O2 → 2 PbO
2 Pb(NO3)2 → 2 PbO + 4 NO2↑ + O2↑
High-purity lead monoxide is usually obtained from lead acetate as a raw material, treated with concentrated ammonia water, and then heated and decomposed to obtain it.
[ Storage Method ]
Store in a cool, ventilated warehouse. The storage temperature should not exceed 35℃, and the relative humidity should not exceed 80%. The package is sealed. Keep away from light. It should be stored separately from acids, alkalis, and edible chemicals, and avoid mixed storage. The storage area should be equipped with suitable materials to contain the leakage.
[ RELATED PRODUCTS ]